You Choose – Full Service Package or Financial Package
Accounting is fully computerized using a program that is designed for property management. Clients receive monthly reporting that includes a balance sheet and income statement outlining all accounts along with a comparison to the budget on a monthly, year-to-date, and last year basis.
Monthly management reports are available monthly. Project reporting is provided on an as required basis. Meeting minutes are taken by the strata manager and distributed to all owners. Agendas are distributed by strata manager prior to any meeting in order for changes, additions, or deletions to be included.The strata council will request any additional reporting they require.
Maintenance Review and Planning
Long and short term maintenance planning along with risk management planning is essential to the successful management of any complex. These plans provide insight into the efficiency of building systems and the cost effectiveness of the operation. They provide a foundation for budget planning. They allow the council to schedule improvements in the most advantageous manner. Maintenance planning allows the strata manager to operate in a controlled, cost effective manner as opposed to a reactive management mode that can be compared to putting out fires and which costs far too much in money and frustration.
Bylaws, Rules and Regulations
The Strata Property Act made an improvement over the old Condominium Act however there are a number of deficiencies in the Act that should be counter-acted by the strata corporation’s bylaws. Areas such as insurance, building and unit maintenance, owner’s and corporation’s responsibilities are but a few areas that need to be addressed by the corporation. The most common problem areas in a Strata are pets and renters and clearly defined policies must be put in the bylaws for the strata to function smoothly in these areas.
- Statement preparation
- Budget preparation
- AGM preparation
- Special Levy preparation
- Deposits & special levy accounting
- Accounts payable/receivable processing
- Contingency accounting & investment
- Keep minute book
- Prepare forms as required by the Strata Property Act
- Meeting attendance
- Prepare minutes
- Maintenance planning, long & short term
- Oversee day to day maintenance of strata
- Take calls from owners
- Budget spending monitoring
- Bylaw/rule compliance & monitoring
- Complaint resolution
- Ensure compliance with Strata Property Act
- Consulting services for work not covered in the management agreement
We cover all the day-to-day requirements that ensure the smooth operation of a strata titled community. Contact us to discuss how we may assist your Strata Corporation.
The Property Managers are supported by a fully computerized state of the art Property Management System that provides clients with monthly reporting of rental revenues and expenses.
All tenant applications are carefully reviewed to match up the best tenants for every property. Every tenant completes a Tenancy Application Form and is screened before they are considered for placement in a property.
Maintenance issues are taken care of in a timely manner where required repairs are completed by a qualified company or where replacement of appliances are needed, value for monies spent is always considered.
There are instances were dispute resolution in required. Working on behalf of the client, the property manager attends dispute resolution hearings as scheduled by Residential Tenancy Branch. There are times when the property manager will liaise with the police department about an explosive issue or about crime prevention strategies at a property.
- Preview potential rental property with the owners
- Screen, qualify, and place tenants in appropriate housing
- Collect first month’s rent, security deposit & pet deposit prior to access or in accordance with Residential Tenancy Act (RTA)
- Collect monthly rents
- Make bank deposits to owner’s accounts by the 15th of each month
- Complete accounting services including bill payments and strata fee payments, month-end and year-end statements
- Arrange all necessary maintenance while trying to budget economically
- Act as liaison between owners and tenants
- Complete periodic inspections of each property, including move-in and move-out inspections
- Serve notice to tenants with respect to owner requirements and in accordance with RTA
- Collect and submit non-resident tax
- Reports on preventative maintenance program
- Place appropriate advertising in specific media source to attract quality tenants
- Advertise on the Company website
Our goal is to place quality tenants into our client’s properties. Contact Scott to discuss how we can assist you.
Welcome to Realty Executives North Island, your source for real estate on the North Island. Looking to purchase a new home? Avoid feeling overwhelmed and use our experience and knowledge to find the home of your dreams. Thinking of selling? Exposure is everything. Leverage our experience and marketing tools to turn ‘selling’ into ‘sold’. Have questions? We are here to help find answers and provide insights into the local area.
Our office offers Real Estate sales, Property Management, and Strata Management all under one roof.
We have all the knowledge for serious investors. Let us work for you.